Welcome to the Alliance Job Board. This is a place for you to find paid job openings, volunteer positions, summer missions and special opportunities with Alliance member organizations. Take a look around, get involved and further engage in the growing orphan care movement!
Paid Job Openings |
Post Date: 2/28/14
America World Adoption Association
Type of Position: Paid Position
Position Title: Domestic Adoption Case Manager
America World Adoption Association, a Christian non-profit adoption agency based in McLean, Virginia, is seeking a Domestic Adoption Case Manager to work out of the Corporate office.
The primary purpose of the Domestic Adoption Case Manager is to implement America World’s Domestic Adoption Program.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing a training curriculum for prospective adoptive and foster parents, conducting home studies, post placement visits, and other adoption-related social services, providing counseling to birth and adoptive families, and ensuring that the domestic adoption program is conducted in keeping with applicable laws and regulations. The Case Manager should also be available to respond to emergency situations arising in connection with placements.
The qualified candidate is a believer in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible, has dynamic skills to communicate with and support adoptive families, is thorough and complete in dealing with all issues and problems, is a self-starter and able to follow through on tasks, has excellent verbal/written communication skills, and has basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Required: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human services field. A Master’s degree is preferred. The Case Manager shall have at least two years experience with family & children’s services and/or adoption.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume, and Statement of Faith** to email@example.com or fax to 703-891-0051, ATTN: Human Resources.
Post Date: 2/21/14
Safe Families for Children
For eleven years, Safe Families for Children has hosted vulnerable children and created extended family-like supports for desperate families through a community of devoted volunteers motivated by compassion to keep children safe and ultimately together with their families. SFFC is dedicated to family support, stabilization and, most importantly, child abuse prevention.
Chicago-based Safe Families for Children is seeking a Chief Operating Officer with experience scaling an organization and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. We are seeking a mission-focused, strategic, process-minded leader to join this rapidly-growing organization.
We invite you to view this brief video introduction to the search by clicking below:
and then click here to explore the full Opportunity Profile:
Post Date: 11/18/13
Type of Position: Paid Position
Position Title: Projects Manager
Description: Full time, support-raised position, in the Nashville, TN area.
Position Purpose: Our international church partners are at the core of the World Orphans model and strategy of caring for orphaned and vulnerable children through the local church and church-to-church partnerships. A Project Manager will be responsible for helping with all aspects of managing, supporting and equipping our international church partners. They will work with project coordinators to effectively communicate needs, updates and results to US church partners. See attached job description for details.
Post Date: 11/18/13
Type of Position: Paid Position
Position Title: Medical Missions Coordinator
Description: Coordinate and lead medical mission trips and activities to ensure that medical mission trip objectives are aligned with country program goals.
To Apply: Submit your resume for an open, posted position, attach your resume as an enclosed document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for and submit any additional information such as a cover letter or references.
Post Date: 10/7/13
Type of Position: Part time (25 hours), Paid
Position Title: Marketing Specialist
Job Summary: The Marketing & Communications Specialist is the hub of the Marketing team. The Specialist executes strategic initiatives in areas such as fundraising marketing, event marketing, social media, and email automation, as well as provides support to a variety of other marketing and communication activities.
The ideal candidate has 4-5 years of nonprofit marketing and communications experience, and has proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and respond to ongoing requests in a timely fashion. The incumbent is proactive and has the ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels, both leading and participating in projects. The person is adaptive and flexible in a dynamic work environment, works collaboratively with a variety of teams and is able to achieve results without close supervision.
To view a full job description, visit http://www.brighthope.org/about/opportunities
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn Terra. Please reference CAFO in your email.
Post Date: 9/3/13
Position Title: Foster Family Specialist/Recruiter
Assist in the oversight of faith-based recruitment and certification (licensing) of qualified foster homes; Assist in the oversight for continued compliance with DLR requirements, investigation of licensing complaints, and retention of foster homes.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement the directives of the Program Director in the areas of marketing, faith-based recruitment, and certification of qualified foster homes.
2. Assist in the oversight of program which may include:
• Follow up with each potential foster family in accordance with the established follow up procedure.
• Support for potential foster families in the completion of their requirements for certification.
• Support potential foster families through the screening process.
• Support and coordination of the certification process for prospective families including: orientation to Olive Crest’s mission, values and practices; compliance with DLR requirements; pre-service training, and the home assessment process.
• Participate in the assessment and on-going development of the recruitment and certification process.
• Ensure continued program and foster home compliance with DLR standards, including Minimum Licensing Requirements and regional policies.
• Support and coordinate the re-licensing of foster homes, and amend licenses as necessary.
• Support and conduct annual licensing home visits.
• Support and conduct investigations of licensing complaints and assist in gathering information as well as supporting families through the investigation process.
3. Create and implement a recruiting and marketing plan for faith-based referrals, including church presentations and recruitment in the faith community. Also, be the point contact person for the faith-based foster families.
4. Collaborate with other private agencies and contractors regarding recruitment strategies and licensing issues.
5. Consult with intake and case management staff regarding placement, home study and licensing issues.
6. Assist with communication to the Division of Licensed Resources.
7. Update and maintain training manual for ongoing program development.
8. Assist in ensuring accreditation, State and Olive Crest standards are being met.
9. Prepare needed and as requested reports and data information.
10. Willing to work evenings and weekends in order to meet with families who are unable to meet during regular working hours.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social services or a related field.
2. Knowledge and experience in areas of recruitment and foster recruitment.
3. Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and follow through with assigned tasks and to present oneself in a mature and professional manner.
4. Ability to drive to homes within the assigned geographical area with the drive typically not exceeding 1-1/2 hours.
5. Willing to work evenings and weekends in order to meet with families who are unable to meet during regular working hours.
6. A philosophy of support for abused children in line with the values, mission and treatment philosophy of Olive Crest.
7. A management philosophy that respects the value of people and seeks to maximize their potential in the work place.
1. A master’s degree in social work or three years experience preferred.
2. Knowledge and previous experience with foster care service delivery.
3. Experience and comfortability working with the faith-based community.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website.
Volunteer Positions |
Post Date: 8/8/13
Christian Alliance for Orphans
Type of Position: Volunteer/Intern Opportunity
Position Title: CAFO Support
This part time role will support the CAFO team in a variety of areas including: database coordination, social media, event and website support, Orphan Sunday and special projects.
The intern will have the opportunity to be involved in supporting the mission of CAFO while gaining exposure to the workings and advocates in the Christian orphan care movement. Part time, flexible; preferred 8-10 hours a week. Work from your own home or workspace.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with your name, location, hours available each week and why you’d like to join in the work of CAFO.
Summer Missions |
Special Opportunities |